Uncle Boun, Chef Bobby, Chef Seng, and Miemo
“I created the Lao Food Movement with the hope of preserving and promoting our little-known cuisine. The Movement is my effort to educate those who are interested, by connecting people with information about the flavors, recipes, and ingredients that make Lao food unique.”
– Chef Seng [Anthony Bourdain : Parts Unknown]
Lao Food Movement Mission:
- To help to preserve our cuisine for upcoming generations, and also to uplift and support those who are interested or trying to open their own Lao businesses.
- To mentor and help out those who are hiding behind a different cuisine for fear of the community acceptance.
- To support those who want to learn to adjust Lao cuisine to their local produce, without watering down our bold flavors.
- And also to help non-Lao folks who love our culture and cuisine with their research and portrayal of our gastronomy.
I hope to connect with more Lao food lovers throughout America and internationally, I love traveling and learning from other cultures. If you would like to support us in any way, please email us at Sabaidee@LaoFoodMovement.org